The powerful, precise, highly-concentrated beam of light initially known as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is so ubiquitous that the acronym has now been relegated to lower case.
Lasers are used in everything from weapons to barcode scanners. They have increased efficiency and advanced technology in numerous industries such as communications, manufacturing, and practically every branch of science. Today’s post focuses on how lasers have impacted dentistry.
Lasers are now used in many cutting-edge California dental practices for a broad range of services. Lasers allow dentists to be extremely precise when working on both tooth and gum tissue.
Dentists use lasers to:
- Remove decay while preserving more intact tooth material
- Firmly attach bonding material to a tooth
- Remove oral lesions or obtain tissue for biopsies
- Reshape receded gums
- Eliminate bacteria while performing root canals
- Increase the effectiveness of tooth whitening agents
Dental patients benefit from:
- Fewer stitches – some surgical procedures require no sutures when a laser is used
- Faster healing
- Lower risk of infection
- Decreased damage to surrounding tissue/bone
- Less pain – eliminates the need for anesthesia in many procedures
Bill Dorfman, DDS, employs advanced dental technology with seasoned proficiency to serve our valued patients. At Dr. Bill Dorfman, DDS – Century City Aesthetic Dentistry, we believe that every man, woman, and child deserves a beautiful smile and a lifetime of oral health.
For questions about laser dentistry, sedation dentistry, Zoom whitening or porcelain veneers, call 310-277-5678 today to schedule a consultation at Dr. Bill Dorfman, DDS – Century City Aesthetic Dentistry in Los Angeles. We are located at 2080 Century Park E Ste 1601.