Everyone deserves quality dental care. It doesn’t matter your age, health concerns, or any other factor. You and your loved ones deserve to have your dental health needs taken care of in a compassionate setting by trained dental professionals.
This is why the team at Dr. Bill Dorfman’s office provides dentistry for patients of all ages along with special needs dental care. With our experience and commitment to treating each of our patients as individuals, we can customize dental appointments for you or your loved ones.
Our special needs dentist serves patients in many situations and conditions—including helping patients who need Alzheimer’s or dementia dentistry services. Learn more about these services by calling today to set up an appointment.
Why Special Needs Dental Care Matters
Going to an office that offers specific dental services for patients with special needs or disabilities is essential for many reasons. We specifically offer special needs dental options to older adults with dementia and Alzheimer’s. As we have already helped patients with these needs before, we would love to help your loved one.
Here is why these dementia dentistry and disability dentistry offerings make such a big difference:
- Prevents pain and discomfort: Unaddressed dental care can cause ongoing pain. Toothaches, infections, gum disease, and more can impact quality of life. With routine dental care, patients can go throughout their lives without these unnecessary aches.
- Keeps patients feeling safe and secure: Individuals with dementia, developmental disabilities, and the like may need extra assistance and specialized care. Seeing a dental office with experience and compassion makes all the difference.
- Deters dental conditions and health problems: Without regular dental visits, patients are more likely to get severe dental problems like periodontal disease and tooth infections. If these severe issues aren’t addressed quickly, they can lead to heart diseases and body infections. Dental health impacts overall health.
For these reasons and more, it makes sense to partner with a dental team that has a systematic, practiced approach to helping patients with special needs.
Caring, Compassionate Dementia Dentistry
Older adults with dementia and similar conditions need dental care just as much—and sometimes more often—than younger patients in better health. After all, teeth become weaker as people age. The need for consistent dental care doesn’t go away, even if the patient no longer understands why these services are so essential.
When a loved one or someone in your care has dementia or Alzheimer’s, our team can assist in keeping their oral health in check. Our special needs dentist has experience helping patients with these extra challenges. We focus on dental sedation and quick treatment to ensure a comfortable process.
Sedation for Dementia Dental Care
Sedation dentistry is an excellent option for many patients, as it can calm anxieties and lead to faster, consistent dental care. In our approach to treating patients with disabilities, particularly those with dementia, we’ve found that sedation dentistry for dementia dental care speeds up treatment time to reduce trauma to individuals.
When we have a patient with dementia, Alzheimer’s, or a similar mental condition, we rely on precise planning, which includes working with an anesthesiologist and endodontist when needed. Doing the treatment in a minimal amount of time is essential. We always have two assistants there to streamline the work while ensuring quality results.
While under anesthesia and the attention of specialists, our team takes x-rays and develops a treatment plan. Then, the caregiver’s family member gives the go-ahead for the plan so that treatment can start immediately.
Advantages of Partnering With a Special Needs Dentist
Whether you have special needs yourself or are taking care of someone who can’t care for themselves, we offer a range of special needs dentistry services, including sedation for dementia dental and individualized treatment plans.
Here are some of the benefits of calling the office of Dr. Bill Dorfman for disability dentistry:
- Efficient treatment: With a tried and true method of creating a treatment plan and implementing it right away, we ensure as little time at the dental office as possible.
- Sedation dentistry options: Various sedation dentistry treatments are available. These include more intense general anesthesia for patients with progressed dementia, along with minimally invasive options like laughing gas.
- Relaxing environment: With a welcoming office environment and focus on reducing stressors, we can ensure a more relaxing experience for all patients.
- Passionate staff: All of our dental staff are passionate about their work and invested in every patient. They do all they can to create a comfortable visit.
Have questions about the accommodations our special needs dentist provides? Just give us a call today!
Call Today to Request an Appointment
People of all ages and abilities need consistent dental care to stay healthy. If you or someone you love has a disability that makes visiting the dentist more difficult, our caring team is here to assist you. We ensure sensitive treatment strategies and methodologies that promote effective treatment in a welcoming setting.
Contact us today to set up your appointment or to speak to one of our trained staff.