There is nothing that influences your smile as much as your eating habits in Los Angeles, California. Develop good eating habits and your Beverly Hills dentist will smile down on you too. Patients in California, Hollywood, and Century City would do well to follow the example of a dentist in what and how they eat.
1. Rinse after eatingRinse your mouth with a drink of water or brush your teeth after a meal. Los Angeles folks who snack all day long prolong tooth exposure to sugars and food debris. Planned meals with brushing in between keeps your oral health on top.2. Avoid sugary gumSugar free gum doesn’t leave sugar to break down on your teeth and spoil your hard earned healthy gums. If you are one of the many Beverly Hills gum chewers, do your teeth a favor and go sugarless.
3. Avoid sticky foodsSticky foods have a habit of clinging to your teeth with stronger chances for decay. Toffee, gummy candy, fruit snacks, and even dried fruit can be problematic for Los Angeles smiles. Brushing doesn’t always remove the obstinate particles.
4. Consume nutritious foodsA balanced diet with a variety of vitamins and minerals can keep the immune system and able to fight infection.
5. Enjoy your cheeseCheese contains calcium and protects from acid that breaks down tooth enamel. (It’s important not to go overboard though, as cheese is high in fat.)
6. Avoid acidic foodsAcid will eat away enamel over time: lemons, red wine, soda pop. Minimize direct, constant, consistent exposure. All things in moderation.
If you have concerns about enamel damage that’s already taken place on your teeth; need help with crooked, chipped or missing teeth; or just need to get in for a check up, call Century City Aesthetic Dentistry in Los Angeles today. 877-703-7062
We’ll answer your questions about sedation dentistry, Zoom whitening, and porcelain veneers. We know braces, veneers, dental implants, oral sedation, and the cost of cosmetic dentistry in Los Angeles can bring up questions and concerns. Dr. Bill Dorfman lessens those worries and brings you to a place of knowledge and power. Make an appointment to discuss your dental goals.