At Century City Aesthetic Dentistry we practice general and family dentistry. When one of our patients get a mouth sore, we advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food – plenty of adult dishes fit the bill:
• cream soups
• hot cereal
• mashed potatoes
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
If you are looking for a dentist in the Beverly Hills area, consider Century City Aesthetic Dentistry in Los Angeles. We offer general and family dentistry, plus a full range of cosmetic dentistry procedures. Schedule an appointment today!
Contact Dr. Bill Dorfman, DDS – Century City Aesthetic Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):