Tags: Century City Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Health, general dentistry
Hi. I’m Dr. Bill Dorfman. When my Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and Century City area patients get mouth sores, I advise them to evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. By following these tips, you too can avoid the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
1. Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food, plenty of adult dishes fit the bill, such as:
cream soupsyogurthot cerealmashed potatoespuddings
2. Keep your meals bland for a while. I know it’s no fun, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
3. Also, keep it cool. Eat only food that is at room temperature or is served chilled.
4. Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can bypass the mouth sore altogether.
5. Try to moisten dry foods. This can be done by adding sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals. Yum!
I hope that these suggestions will help you the next time you suffer from a mouth sore. If you are looking for a dentist in the Beverly Hills area, consider my practice, Century City Aesthetic Dentistry. We have been serving Los Angeles since 1985. Call us at 877-703-7062 to schedule and examination and consultation. We offer a complete menu of general and cosmetic dental procedures including:
smile design Zoom whitening sedation dentistry porcelain veneers